Hayes Ryan to Present at Employment Discrimination Litigation Forum on July 31
Chicago Managing Partner Hayes Ryan
will be presenting at the American Conference Institute’s 3rd
Annual Forum on Defending and Managing Employment Discrimination Litigation on Tuesday, July 31.
Mr. Ryan will be co-presenting on "The Judicial and Legislative Expansion of Retaliation Claims Brought by Current and Former Employees: Getting These High-Exposure Claims Dismissed Via Dispositive Motion and/or Minimizing Their Jury Appeal." His presentation will cover topics including new jurisprudence related to retaliation claims and unique issues for non-termination related retaliation claims.
Additional topics covered at the forum include:
- regulatory, legislative and enforcement expansion spilling over into discrimination and retaliation issues;
- disability and leaves of absence;
- class actions;
- pregnancy discrimination;
- countering age discrimination claims brought by employees over 50 years of age;
- defending discrimination cases that arise out of reductions in force;
- disparate impact claims;
- the rise in sexual harassment claims, and;
- EPLI coverage in the discrimination context.
The forum, featuring senior in-house counsel and top law firm litigators, will be held on July 30 and 31 at the New York Marriott Downtown. For more information, please click here.