Denver attorney Megan Adeyemo has been selected as one of the five semi-finalists to be considered for the 2011 Rising Star Award from IWIRC, the International Womens Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation. IWIRC is a global organization devoted to enhancing the professional status of women in the insolvency and restructuring profession.
Through the Rising Star Award, IWIRC honors members from around the world for their contributions to IWIRC and to their careers. Five "Rising Stars" semi-finalists were recently selected from the global nominations and Megan Adeyemo is included in this prestigious group. The winner of the 2011 IWIRC Rising Star Award will be announced at the 18th Annual IWIRC Fall Conference in Tampa, Florida on October 12, 2011.
Megan Adeyemo is currently Co-Chair of the Bankruptcy Sub-Section of the Colorado Bar Association, the Treasurer of the Mountain/Desert Network of IWIRC, and a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and the American Bar Association. On October 12, 2011, Ms. Adeyemo will be a panelist on the topic of "Everything You Prefer to Avoid: What You Really Should Know About Transfers, Preferences and Avoidance Actions" at the American Bar Association Business Bankruptcy Fall Meeting, held in conjunction with the 85th Annual National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges in Tampa, Florida.
About the Rising Star Award: Rising Star nominees may be attorneys, bankers, turnaround advisors, claims and noticing agents, academics or other restructuring industry professionals who are actively engaged in the restructuring industry anywhere in the world, and who have shown dedication and commitment to IWIRC on the local, national and/or international level.
The IWIRC Rising Star Award will be presented to a woman who:
- Has shown exceptional leadership ability.
- Has eight years or less experience in the insolvency and restructuring industry.
- Has made an extraordinary contribution to IWIRC and/or an IWIRC Network.
- Has gone above and beyond and made a difference to the mission of IWIRC.
- Has been actively involved in promoting IWIRC – locally, nationally and/or internationally – in any manner, including but not limited to, serving as an officer or director of an IWIRC Network, actively participating on a Network or IWIRC International committee, securing sponsors, planning programs, and spearheading events.