We are seeking qualified candidates for an Attorney position with our Business Transactions Group in our Houston office. Our ideal candidate is a 5 to 15 years’ experienced Corporate and Transactions Attorney with (commensurate) experience in matters concerning business and commercial transactions, including M&A transactions.
This candidate may/could also act as lead on transactions and supervise other attorneys in various aspects of due diligence, negotiation and document drafting. The candidate must be admitted to the bar in Texas, have excellent academic credentials, and have significant interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will routinely:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis;
- Draft necessary agreements and documents with efficiency and clarity;
- Manage projects from commencement to closing;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys; and
- Complete tasks efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associate and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Exceptional project management skills;
- Ability to effectively manage junior associates and others;
- Strong negotiating skills.
Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in Texas.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, law school transcript and a self-authored writing sample of a motion, pleading, or research memorandum by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruiters or telephone calls please
Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP is an equal opportunity employer