Gordon & Rees's International Practice Group serves a wide range of U.S. businesses involved in commercial transactions and litigation throughout Europe.
Examples of recent experience are noted below.
- Represented a health care company in business/intellectual property litigation against a French company, involving extensive cross-border discovery and service.
- Represented a U.S. company, the world's largest designer and manufacturer of toilet tank replacement parts, in negotiations with a Spain-based bathroom fixtures company involving strategic alliance agreements covering licensing, distribution and sales.
- Represented a U.S. biopharmaceutical company in a license, collaboration and supply arrangement with a European-based company for a Phase 3 pharmaceutical drug product that included an upfront payment of $30 million and a total potential deal value over $500 million.
- Advised a French-U.S. LLC/SARL reorganization transaction, including initial structuring issues.
- Community Trade Marks and EU-wide filings as well as national registrations for a wide variety of U.S.-based clients.
- Established IP holding companies in Belgium.